Tuesday, May 17, 2011

31 Days of Motivation/Encouragement - Day 14

Day 14

We live in a world surrounded by violence and crime. It can be so overwhelming to hear what goes on in this world; can bring so much fear. But regardless of what goes on, we need to find some time to excape the world. Where do you go when you are feeling scared, troubled, or worried? It is extremely essential to find a few minutes of your time to spend in meditation and prayer. We need to find refuge in God. There is more to this world. There is more to our daily struggles. We need to seek time and a special place to spend (lay your burdens down). When we spend time nourshing our spirit, we become more sensitive to the world around us. And instead of just focusing on our fears and anxieties, we learn to do something about it; we learn to PRAY!

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble







Psalm 91:14-16
The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment