Saturday, May 7, 2011

31 Days of Motivation/Encouragement for MOMS - Day 7

Here are some beautiful words for mom. Cherish her while you have her. And if she is no longer here, keep her dear memory alive.



I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln


All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln



God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb

Thou art thy mother's glass, and she in thee
Calls back the lovely April of her prime.
~William Shakespeare


Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease. ~Lisa Alther

There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child - and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own. ~Robert Brault,


A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories. ~Honoré de Balzac


My mother is a poem
I'll never be able to write,
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother.
~Sharon Doubiago


There's nothing like a mama-hug. ~Terri Guillemets

Who fed me from her gentle breast
And hushed me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
My Mother.
~Anne Taylor


Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother.
~Ann Taylor


Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries. ~T. DeWitt Talmage

I cannot forget my mother. Though not as sturdy as others, S]he is my bridge. When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long enough for me to run across safely. ~Renita Weems
Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes


The mother's heart is the child's school-room. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Women know the way to rear up children (to be just) They know a simple, merry, tender knack Of tying sashes, fitting baby shoes,And stringing pretty words that make no sense, And kissing full sense into empty words.
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment