Wednesday, May 11, 2011

31 Days of Motivation/Encouragement for MOMS - Day 11

Day 11

Sometimes the responsibilities we have as a woman/mom can be extremely overwhelming. Sometimes we feel unappreciated if other's don't notice what we do. It's overwhelming to take care of the house. It can be overwhelming to do all a woman does, but it's got to be done. If we take one section at a time; one day at a time; one thing at a time; at the right time; pray to God for strenth; it all can be achieved.


When we have young children, it's difficult to balance our daily routines. We want to do it all in one day, but it's not possible. ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN ONE DAY! I've had to remind myself this numerous times.


As the day has gone, and the night has approached I re-evaluate the way I did things. I look around at the toys on the floor. I enter my kids rooms and see the toys scattered around. I am thankful for having devoted my time to them throughout the day. You know, cleaning and scrubbing will wait. Your children will grow quickly. Sometimes I feel frustrated for not having the "perfect immaculate" house. My house is not in perfect order, but it's not a complete mess. I have two young and active little children. AND I FEEL so blessed for having them. I take time to read to them and to play with them. RIGHT NOW is the time that they need me. I want them to remember mommy playing with them, and not just cleaning and scrubbing all day.










I like the following quote:


Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep.

~Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment