Sunday, May 29, 2011

30 Day Of Motivation/Encouragement For MOMS - Day 17

FAITH

Seeking the Lord in times of stress is what keeps me going. I don't worry about what tomorrow is going to bring, because God has assured me; "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Mat.7:7)
When faced through adversity, it's easier to succumb to despair and hide away; but that will only bring you more stress. Seek His face and you will be uplifted.

What is Faith?







Faith is hope and belief in the goodness or trustworthiness, of a person, concept or entity.

I gathered the following Bible verses:

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)


You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:2)

O Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress. (Jeremiah 16:19)

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)

By his light I walked through darkness. (Job 29:3)

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! (Psalm 27:14)


Lord, when my soul is weary
and my heart is tired and sore,
and I have that falling feeling
that I can't take it any more;
then let me know the freshening
found in simple,
childlike prayer,
when the kneeling sould knows surely
that a listening Lord is there.

~Ruth Bell Graham






Matthew 14:22-23
Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of thim to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strenght. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


No comments:

Post a Comment